Benefits & Professional Development
A career at Fannie Mae provides ongoing learning and development opportunities to foster continuous growth. We also offer competitive benefits to help Fannie Mae employees — and their families — live and work with greater peace of mind. Many offerings are available to eligible employees from day one.
Own Your Future
At Fannie Mae, we have built a continuous-learning environment that empowers employees at every level to define their own careers. You will receive on-the-job training, mentoring, coaching, and feedback, as well as access to learning and development courses at Fannie Mae University. Personalized online tools will allow you to explore the many options for growth and development. Take charge of your career at Fannie Mae — and help shape the future of the country’s access to safe, affordable housing.
Benefits to Help You Thrive
Quality Healthcare Coverage
Health Care Savings
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
Relax. Recharge. Paid Time Off.
- 15 – 20 days paid vacation per year, based on level and years of service.
- Paid holidays and sick leave.
- Up to $130/month towards eligible transit expenses, depending on location.
- Up to $130/month towards parking, depending on location.
Care for Family
- Childbirth, adoption, and bonding leave for all eligible families.
- Childcare and eldercare assistance.
- 10 days family sick leave to care for ill family members.
- Adoption program that provides up to $10,000 per adoption.
401(k) and Financial Planning
- 401(k) match, up to 6% of eligible earnings, immediate vesting for pre-tax and after-tax contributions.
- Financial wellness program that includes wellness assessment tools, personalized financial coaching, and more.
Help with Housing
- Employer-Assisted Housing Program: $10,000 one-time reimbursement grant after purchase and closing on primary residence.
- Time off to purchase your primary residence.
- Assistance for Collegiate Education: up to $10,000 per year towards tuition for an eligible undergrad or graduate degree.
- Student Loan Repayment Program: Possible employer contributions of up to $12,000.
- Health assessments and mindfulness benefits.
- Walk-bike programs.
- Fully equipped gym for employee use. (Some office locations.)
- Paid volunteer hours.
- Matching gifts.
- Employee relief fund.
This information is a high-level summary and not all benefits are available to all employees. All benefit plans are subject to change without notice.
Our Benefits In Action
National Homeownership Month is a time to celebrate the benefits of homeownership in America, and what it means to the millions of families and communities across the country.
This past July, my wife gave birth to our third son, Henry. I had the great opportunity to take advantage of one of Fannie Mae's updated benefits, Paid Parental Leave, and I wanted to share my experience.
Stay-at-home orders are proving challenging for everyone — kids, parents, couples, singles — all of us. While others may be appreciative of an unusual amount of time to spend with family, I'm a single mom, so life isn't much different — it's just more intense.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Fannie Mae is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment, unless to do so would cause undue hardship to the company. If you need assistance using our online system and/or you need a reasonable accommodation related to the hiring/application process, please complete this form.
WARNING: Please note that Fannie Mae does not use text messaging or Google chat services for job screening or interviews with potential candidates. If you apply to a position at Fannie Mae and meet the requirements, a Fannie Mae recruiter may be in touch by phone or through email on a Fannie Mae email address. If someone reaches out to you via text, through email using a non-Fannie Mae email address, or Google chat claiming to be an HR manager or senior officer at Fannie Mae with a work-from-home opportunity and requests information from you or asks to interview you via text or chat, DO NOT provide any requested information and please contact us via e-mail to alert us. Additionally, please feel free to e-mail us if you feel like you have been contacted by someone who does not represent or work at Fannie Mae.
California residents, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Fannie Mae is required to inform any California resident who is our job applicant about the categories of “personal information” we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. To read the full notice, please click here.