A pioneer since 1938, Fannie Mae works to deliver on our mission to provide liquidity, stability, and affordability in housing finance while driving the industry forward. We’re leading with innovative solutions to help make mortgage lending more efficient and better as customer and market needs change.
We’re committed to developing applications and technology that give our customers and their borrowers greater speed and clarity.
- Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter® Validation Service, which provides lenders a comprehensive credit risk assessment that determines whether a loan meets Fannie Mae’s eligibility requirements.
- Ask Poli®, an artificial intelligence tool that saves our customers time by providing fast, clear answers to questions about our Selling and Servicing policies. This artificial intelligence tool platform grows smarter over time, continually delivering an advanced search experience.
New financing options help our lenders provide affordable single-family mortgages and rental housing for more people in the U.S.
- MH Advantage®, which combines a down payment as low as 3% with a lower price point for modern, single-family manufactured homes designed for traditional neighborhoods.
- Incentives for the use of Tenant Site Lease Protections, which help preserve affordability for residents in manufactured housing communities.
- Our HomeStyle® Energy mortgage, which allows both homebuyers and existing homeowners to finance or pay off energy-saving improvements.
- Healthy Housing Rewards™, which provides financial incentives for borrowers who incorporate health-promoting design features and/or resident services into newly constructed or renovated multifamily rental properties.
Our innovative capital markets offerings promote sustainable housing and attract global capital to the U.S. housing market.
- Our Multifamily Green Bond Program plays an important role in building more sustainable and resilient communities. We introduced green finance to the multifamily market a decade ago and through 2019, Fannie Mae is the largest green bond issuer in the world. We have issued over $75 billion in green mortgage-backed securities.
- In 2020, Fannie Mae began issuing Single-Family Green Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS) as part of our ongoing commitment to be a leader in green finance. These include only mortgage loans backed by newly constructed single-family residential homes with ENERGY STAR® certifications. ENERGY STAR Certified Homes are at least 10% more energy efficient than typical single-family homes built to code.
We share our expertise and data to support broader, industry-wide innovation.
- Through APIs on The Exchange®, Fannie Mae allows quick and easy access to housing data that can help drive business efficiencies, improve the borrower experience, or explore housing topics and trends. Sharing our data with industry partners and academic institutions lets us work together to address affordable housing challenges with data-driven solutions.
- Our economists, analysts, and thought leaders uncover important housing trends and insights. Our expert research is readily available to the public, enabling better transparency and informed decision-making for a safer, smarter housing market. We combine our expertise and scale with innovation to seek out and deliver new ways for our customers and the U.S. housing finance system to meet the affordable housing needs of the future.