HomeStyle Energy is:
- Flexible – In addition to energy and water efficiency upgrades, HomeStyle Energy can be used to improve a home’s resiliency to natural disasters or pay off existing energy-related debt, such as PACE loans.
- Simple - Borrowers can finance basic weatherization (up to $3,500), renewable energy and resiliency upgrades without acquiring an energy report.
- Affordable - Energy efficiency may help save borrowers money on their energy bills and possibly through tax credits and rebates. HomeStyle Energy loans also qualify lenders for a $500 loan level price adjustment (LLPA) credit.
Finance features that protect your borrower’s home from a natural disaster, such as:
- Storm surge barriers
- Foundation retrofitting for earthquakes
- Brush and tree removal in fire zones
- Retaining walls
- Radon remediation system installation
Combine HomeStyle Energy with other Fannie Mae products to offer borrowers more benefits:
- HomeStyle® Renovation: Use both HomeStyle loans together to maintain benefits like an LLPA credit and energy report waiver on weatherization improvements while funding additional projects that go beyond energy efficiency.
- HomeReady®: Our low down payment mortgage has lower rates and cancellable mortgage insurance (restrictions apply). Combine this mortgage with HomeStyle Energy to make financing upgrade projects even more affordable.