Housing Counselors

Fannie Mae believes that high-quality home-buyer education and counseling make a difference in successful homeownership. Counseling provides the borrower with the additional information and resources necessary to make informed decisions that ultimately lead to long-term sustainability.

Sign-Up for Email Updates

Latest News

Related Links

Related Applications

Help With Questions about Fannie Mae or Your Client's Case

If you are a housing counselor working for a HUD approved counseling agency, we would be happy to help with either of the following situations:

  • You have general questions or want information about Fannie Mae policies.
  • You want to escalate a case to Fannie Mae.  If so, please confirm the following:
    • The loan is a Fannie Mae loan (check the Fannie Mae Loan Lookup Tool)
    • You have previously tried to resolve the issue(s) directly with the servicer without success.
    • You have proper authorization to work on the borrower's behalf. To confirm this, have the borrower complete and sign the Third Party Authorization Form and submit a scanned copy with your email to Fannie Mae.

If you meet the requirements stated above, include any attachments if applicable, indicate in the subject line whether your e-mail is for the purposes of Information Requested or Case Escalation, and send e-mail to resource_center@fanniemae.com. If you are a homeowner or other housing partner, please call 1-800-2FANNIE (800-232-6643).

Homeowner Packet

This generic homeowner packet can be customized with your own contact information and logo. While the use of this package is not mandatory in assisting Fannie Mae borrowers and does not result in any special consideration/compensation, the package is recommended because it reflects a minimum level of information that must be communicated and illustrates a level of specificity that complies with Fannie Mae requirements. To be consistent with the requirements of Federal Housing Finance Agency's Servicing Alignment Initiative (SAI), you must include the Uniform Borrower Assistance Form (Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Form 710) and IRS Form 4506T-EZ (or IRS 4506-T for self-employed borrowers).

Related Forms

Form Title
Form 710 Mortgage Assistance Application
IRS Form 4506T-EZ Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)