We throw the word "milestone" around a lot in the corporate world, but the milestones we've reached in our technology and innovation work this year are truly significant. The innovative work we're doing in multifamily contributes to our stability and elevates the customer service we're able to provide -- all in the service of supporting a thriving multifamily market. As we close out 2018 and look ahead, I'm grateful for everything we've been able to accomplish and eager to get started on the big things we have planned for 2019. And, I'm grateful for the partnership and support from the DUS® community that makes this work possible.
Below are two examples of the work we have accomplished this year that placed you, our customers, front and center.
- Securitization: With the final DUS Disclose® release in Q4, we have completed a transformational body of work to centralize securitization capabilities within Multifamily and align our securities data with commercial industry standards. DUS Disclose is a comprehensive source of Fannie Mae Multifamily securities disclosures, and allows investors to access enhanced, timely data on securities, loans and properties.
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs): We introduced our first APIs, enabling you to connect your loan origination and underwriting systems to DUS Gateway®. APIs are one way we are making it easier to do business with us by allowing our systems to share data directly with lender systems. We are going to expand our API offerings next year to further facilitate the submission of deals into DUS Gateway. If every lender utilizes the APIs we make available in 2018 and 2019, it could save the DUS Lender community close to 31,000 hours annually. That's a big number, and one we're proud of.
What to Expect in 2019
- Property Dashboard: This is something the lender community has been asking for, and we're excited to roll it out for you next year. This tool will enable your teams to get information on comparable properties in sub-markets nationwide with the click of a button on your mobile device. You asked, we listened!
- Multifamily Selling and Servicing Guide: A user-friendly Guide is coming your way in 2019, with clear content and an online interface that will allow you to search and annotate. While you're waiting, don't forget we have the entire Guide posted in PDF format on our Guide page.
- Green measurement and verification service project: Fannie Mae has engaged a service provider, Bright Power, to capture energy and water usage data at each Green Rewards and Green Building Certification property and generate performance reports for use by the borrower, lender, and Fannie Mae. By bringing in a vendor to do this labor-intensive activity, we can provide relief to your asset management teams who would otherwise have to process this information.
I hope your holidays are merry and bright, and we look forward to innovating more with you in 2019!